A family and gourmet saga
The Pralus house was born in Roanne, where Auguste Pralus opened a pastry shop in 1948. His creativity combined with the quality of the products he worked on earned him immediate success. In 1955, he created the famous Praluline®, a brioche with pink pralines which quickly became the town's specialty. It was that same year that he obtained the prestigious title of Meilleur Ouvrier de France pâtissier chocolatier. By taking over the family business, his son François created the chocolate factory and developed a network of shops where his range of chocolates and Praluline®, made under the eyes of customers by pastry chefs, are distributed.
Auguste Pralus will successively become president of the Syndicat des Pâtissiers, Member of the Culinary Academy of France, Knight of Arts, Sciences and Letters and finally, will be honored with the title of Chevalier de l'Ordre du Mérite National. In 2017, the city of Roanne paid tribute to him by baptizing an esplanade in his name.
Taken over in 1988 by his son François, the Roanne boutique still exists on rue du Général-de-Gaulle. Since then, Maison Pralus has grown and has a chocolate factory in Roanne. François Pralus also opened 18 new stores in France.